Potatoes in Practice is the biggest field potato event in the UK and brings together variety trials, research, seminars and trade exhibits in one place making it an unmissable date in the potato industry calendar. It is sponsored by Potato Council and features trials and demonstrations from The James Hutton Institute, Potato Council, SAC, Agrii (formerly Masstock Arable (UK) Ltd.) and the potato industry.
Potatoes in Practice runs from 9.30am to 4.30pm. Marquee and machinery exhibits can be visited at any time.
Tours will run at 10am, 11.30am and 1.30pm.
- Tour 1 – Variety and Research Trials
- Tour 2 – Variety and Agronomy Trials
- Tour 3 – SAC and Potato Council-sponsored Trials
- Tour 4 – Agrii Trials
Seminars will be given twice throughout the day.
- Growing to meet specific markets – a packers perspective
Jim Aitken, Senior Field Services Manager, Branston Ltd. (10.30am and 2pm)
- Late blight in 2012 – status report
Dr David Cooke, Cell and Molecular Sciences, James Hutton Institute (11.10am and 2.40pm)
- Control of aphid vectors on the seed potato crop
Dr Brian Fenton, Ecological Sciences, James Hutton Institute (11.50am and 3.20pm)
The full event guide, timetable and list of exhibitors are below.
- PDF file: Potatoes in Practice 2012 event guide (3.2 MB)
- PDF file: Potatoes in Practice 2012 timetable (168 KB)
- PDF file: Potatoes in Practice 2012 exhibitor list (180 KB)
Attendance at Potatoes in Practice is free and there is no need to book in advance. However you can fill out the registration form below and bring it with to speed up your arrival.
Potatoes in Practice is held at Balruddery Farm and directions can be found below.
Exhibitor booking now closed
Information for exhibitors can be downloaded below in either Word or PDF format.
- PDF file: Potatoes in Practice 2012 Information for exhibitors (396 KB)
- Word file: Potatoes in Practice 2012 Information for exhibitors (640 KB)
If you have any queries please contact Sharon Neilson (Tel: 01382 568750).