Potatoes in Practice is the largest field-based potato event in the UK. The event brings together variety trials, research and trade exhibits in one place making it an essential date in the potato industry calendar.
The event is organised and hosted by the James Hutton Institute, sponsored by AHDB Potatoes, and held in association with SRUC (Scotland's Rural College) and Agrii. The event is also supported by media partner Potato Review.
Attendees will be able to:
- review crop varieties
- view results of new crop treatments
- attend live machinery demonstrations
- hear seminars on current issues impacting on the farming industry
- network with colleagues, suppliers and industry experts
- 8.30am: Event opens
- 9.00am - 4.30pm: Marquee and static machinery exhibits will be available at all times during this period
- 9.30am, 12.10pm and 2.20pm: Guided whistle-stop tours of the field plots (approx 60 minutes per tour). Attendees are free to visit plots for further discussion at any time outwith these tour times.
- 10.35am and 1.55pm: Late Blight information sessions - to be confirmed
- 11.00am and 3.25pm: Live demonstrations of potato machinery
The full programme and exhibitor guide will be available here in July 2015. Attendees will receive a printed copy on the day.
A list of exhibitors for this year's event can be found here
Seminars will take place in the Seminars marquee by the main marquee and will be repeated twice through the day.
- "New developments in irrigation scheduling" - Dr David Firman, NIAB-CUF
- "Sustaining demand for potatoes" - Kate Cox, AHDB Potatoes
- "Marketing update" - Isobel Robinson, AHDB Potatoes
- "Funding for potato research" - Dr Glenn Bryan, James Hutton Institute
- "Tackling the threats of major diseases" - Dr Xinwei Chen, James Hutton Institute
- "Developing stress resistant potatoes" - Dr Mark Taylor, James Hutton Institute
Attendee registration for Potatoes in Practice is now closed.
Exhibitor booking for Potatoes in Practice is now closed.
Potatoes in Practice is held at Balruddery Research Farm and directions can be found below.
- PDF file: Location map and directions to Potatoes in Practice 2015 at Balruddery Research Farm (1.1 MB)
If you have any queries or wish further information, please contact: Pam Cassidy, Events Co-ordinator (Interim) Potatoes in Practice, The James Hutton Institute, Invergowrie, Dundee DD2 5DA. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +44 (0)344 928 5428.